Please help with info on coral.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chance of an ammonia spike? Any fish MIA or a dead turbo snail in the back stinking up the place? What about the temperate of the water? Are you dosing anything?

Chance of an ammonia spike? Any fish MIA or a dead turbo snail in the back stinking up the place? What about the temperate of the water? Are you dosing anything?

Everything seems good. My dad and I both have saltwater tanks and are both new to keeping corals. We are gunna split the difference and buy a master test kit. Only thing I dosed is liquid coral feeder.

Well that's all the trouble shooting I can think if right now.. Try a water change as soon as possible and see what shakes loose.. When my torch looks a little shrunk a pwc seems to perk it back up.. Sometimes things take time to acclimate. Btw, out if curiosity, what was the temp if your tank?

Well that's all the trouble shooting I can think if right now.. Try a water change as soon as possible and see what shakes loose.. When my torch looks a little shrunk a pwc seems to perk it back up.. Sometimes things take time to acclimate. Btw, out if curiosity, what was the temp if your tank?

Well since my dad and I are both having the same problem and both new to corals. We've been reading all night, we both always kept our salinity at 1.023. Supposedly that's only good for a FOWLR tank. Corals apparently like it at around 1.025( somewhere around there) is this true?

.25-.26 better, I have a friend who runs .22-.23 and corals are great they will adjust. Did you add carbon or any chemical filtration products? I added carbon and purigen before and they shriveled up they like dirtier water with a rapid change like I did could be a cause.

Back
Top Bottom