Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Chance of an ammonia spike? Any fish MIA or a dead turbo snail in the back stinking up the place? What about the temperate of the water? Are you dosing anything?

Old 06-18-2013, 11:29 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadair22 View Post
Chance of an ammonia spike? Any fish MIA or a dead turbo snail in the back stinking up the place? What about the temperate of the water? Are you dosing anything?
Everything seems good. My dad and I both have saltwater tanks and are both new to keeping corals. We are gunna split the difference and buy a master test kit. Only thing I dosed is liquid coral feeder.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well that's all the trouble shooting I can think if right now.. Try a water change as soon as possible and see what shakes loose.. When my torch looks a little shrunk a pwc seems to perk it back up.. Sometimes things take time to acclimate. Btw, out if curiosity, what was the temp if your tank?
Old 06-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadair22 View Post
Well that's all the trouble shooting I can think if right now.. Try a water change as soon as possible and see what shakes loose.. When my torch looks a little shrunk a pwc seems to perk it back up.. Sometimes things take time to acclimate. Btw, out if curiosity, what was the temp if your tank?
Well since my dad and I are both having the same problem and both new to corals. We've been reading all night, we both always kept our salinity at 1.023. Supposedly that's only good for a FOWLR tank. Corals apparently like it at around 1.025( somewhere around there) is this true?
Old 06-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

.25-.26 better, I have a friend who runs .22-.23 and corals are great they will adjust. Did you add carbon or any chemical filtration products? I added carbon and purigen before and they shriveled up they like dirtier water with a rapid change like I did could be a cause.

Tags
coral

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com