Please help with info on coral.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefman97

Aquarium Advice Activist
What kind of coral Is this?? And what do I need to know about it(ie placement, water flow) stuff like that. Thank. I can't seem to get him to do anything

Sorry about that

Attachments

• image-925306579.jpg
    image-925306579.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 120
Hasn't opened yet but has short tenticals and bubbles on the end

They might look short at first but they can extend a long way try moving it to a spot with moderate flow and light

It sorta looks like one iv got but i got it sold to me as a branching torch coral I think it's a frogspawn but it may end up looking like this

Attachments

• image-986392156.jpg
    image-986392156.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 123
It sorta looks like one iv got but i got it sold to me as a branching torch coral I think it's a frogspawn but it may end up looking like this

Where should it be placed in the tank
High low?

Ok the spawn started to open, and in the other tank I noticed my waving hand is being.... Well lazy I guess haha idk.

Attachments

• image-1417785989.jpg
    image-1417785989.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 138
Ok the spawn started to open, and in the other tank I noticed my waving hand is being.... Well lazy I guess haha idk.

Anyone? Please. It doesn't look good as it looks like it could use help fast! Thanks

Does it do it every night? I know mine close up a bit at night I do t have xeinia but all my other corals do can u upload a pic of the other one now that it's open?

That's the coral that's open.

Attachments

• image-3022015173.jpg
    image-3022015173.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 92
What lighting do you have? If xenia is look bad then there is probably something seriously off in your water. What are you parameters at

What lighting do you have? If xenia is look bad then there is probably something seriously off in your water. What are you parameters at

I have the 3w Cree 60watt LED x 2. I check my parameters everything seems fine. What are major major test I should do for corals?

What are you using for water, rodi? What is your nitrate reading, added anything recently that could cause a mini cycle?

What are you using for water, rodi? What is your nitrate reading, added anything recently that could cause a mini cycle?

Yes I'm using rodi water. I checked my calcium and its good. I'll check my nitrate and nitrite.

Back
Top Bottom