Originally Posted by Damped
going to be 6 months soon.
Your tank may just be going through new tank syndrome. As your tank develops and builds up its bio load it will change and mature. Also the water is a big factor, however the rocks can hold phosphate and nitrate which algae uses to grow. When I upgraded to a 75g I encountered hair algae and still had perfect water parameters. Because the algae was using the nitrates to grow. Anyways after saying all that I do weekly water changes and purchased a GFO
reactor in December from bulk reef supply. The gfo
binds phosphate and helps starve the algae and over time has cleared the hair algae. Also another trick that can work is turning your lights off for a few days.