Please take a moment....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmw80

Aquarium Advice Addict
I must first apologize for not knowing a lot of the salty people because I am only a freshy for right now.

For those of you that are not aware, I am the editor-in-chief of the aquarium advice monthly newsletter.

The reason for my post is that AA.com needs more saltwater profiles, be it fish, corals, inverts, etc. I know that there are A LOT of you in here that are experienced and have great knowledge about specific species of saltwater inhabitants. I ask that you please consider taking the time to write a profile of your own. You may use ones that have been previously written for the layout. Also, make sure you include any references you used to get your information. Pictures add to the profile as well.

If you have any questions, please feel free to pm either myself, fishfreek or reefrunner69.

Thanks! :D

*bump*

and, if you're considering or in the process of writing one, please post here so someone else doesn't decide to do the same thing :wink:

The only response I received was from quarryshark who was going to write a couple while he was on vacation in cozumel. He did not specify as to which ones though.

I am in the process of doing two:

Yellow Long Nosed Butterflyfish
Naso Tang

Where do I upload them to when done? Do I need to contact you or the others first?

I will be getting most of my information from online sources and books that I have bought. The 2 fish I have so I can at least put a bit of my own experience into these.

Mike

Sparky, this is wonderful news!

You may submit your profiles to reefrunner, fishfreek, or any of the advisors. They will then post them in the staff forum for review, and then they will be posted! Make sure you put your references at the bottom of your profiles.

OK..how do I submit them?. I have one done in a Word Document. Can I upload it to them directly? Or should I e-mail them with the doc. Let me know how to do this.

Thanks,

Mike

I submited one for porcupine puffer. Just PM one of the advisors with the text.

Im also gonna work on longhorn cowfish.

Sorry, with the ich problem upon return, I have not yet finished. I am doing one on Big Marine Angelfish care and am also going to do one on Urchins.
Will get the Angelfish one done soon.

i can do a couple on LPS coral and true perc clowns...but would like to see an example of one so i do it right. if someone can send me one or a link to one ill do em right away.

We have several of them on our site. I will see if I can transpose some of them on to the board. I would think we have ten or twelve of them easy. Most of them are general...for example, I think we have one on blennies in general. Not one specific type.

I just sent lmw80 two profiles to be put up.

Yellow Longnose Butterflyfish
Naso Tang

More will be forthcoming.

Green Brittle Starfish
Scooter Blenny (Dragonet)
Maybe even some "Clean-up Crew" guys. It's good to know what you got there and if they are safe for YOUR tank.

Mike

Bump
Just submitted one on the P Maculosus.
Maybe this thread should be made sticky :?:

I have sent a revised one to the Admins, still waiting to find out if it is OK. I didn't see it posted so I am assuming they are very busy.

Keep them coming guys!!! This is great! Sparky...yours is still in review...the advisors are all in and out a lot in the summertime...

Back
Top Bottom