Plumbing for 180 gallon Aqueon duel overflow tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mwilliams

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well it has been a long time since I started a new tank build and now I am finally getting my 180 gallon tank this coming Tuesday evening so I am looking for any pictures of how you guys have plumbed 180 gallon aqueon tanks with the duel overflows.

So lets bring on the pictures...:thanks:

180 awesome wish I had the room look forward to see it evolve I know your stoked

Yes I am stoked I have been wanting a big tank for a long time. I did have the 125 but had to sell due to home issues. Now getting back in the game. So once I figure out if I want to do PVC plumbing or the tube plumbing which was extremely easy. But I want it to look nice and the tubing just did not look nice.

I even won my return pump at a reef event that we have here in Houston yearly. Vectra M1. I just ordered my skimmer the other day hope it is a good one IceCap 2k-200. Read several great reviews for the smaller IceCap 2k units so here is hoping. Doser will either be a GHL or the Apex DDR can't decide.
Aquarium controller is possibly. going to be the new Apex. Lights will be AI Hydra 26 HD or the 52 HD. ATO will be the Tunze if it is still on sale.

I found this plumbing set up on google it looks pretty straight forward
img_3436285_0_8cd620421f02817369618912c163c9cd.jpg

others I saw were very involved with tons of piping and valves every where
mine is close to this but my pump is a internal rather than external

I found this plumbing set up on google it looks pretty straight forward
img_3436293_0_8cd620421f02817369618912c163c9cd.jpg

others I saw were very involved with tons of piping and valves every where
mine is close to this but my pump is a internal rather than external

This will give me an ideal but mine will be coming from the bottom of the tank instead of the back of the tank.

My tank is in my skimmer arrived the other day and hopefully sometime this week I will start my build. Thank you 54seaweed I went to Google and found a ton of images for plumbing tanks.

Back
Top Bottom