Plumbing question for sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like 3/4 PVC for overflow can comfortably accommodate @ 500 gph so your pump should be alright until you get corals then you can make up flow with powerheads, most reefs if I remember correctly run 20x turnover and up for a reef, if you decide to head in that direction

I did that one time on the 65 when I switched from a canister to a sump, even with a modest amount of chemical release it was enough to kill off my BB and even kill off the aiptasia that came with the tank

Dang and ya I used aquarium silicone didn't want to risk it I'm using different methods of flow since it only cost ten bucks to see which one I like.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394998555.320716.jpghere is the bottom piece it goes all across the bottom with holes drilled in it for water flow. So it looks like a big upside down t

Ok two important things to mention here,

first, most returns have the output at the top to promote surface agitation and with it optimize gas exchange

Second, it is important on any return to have some form of siphon break so when the pump is off (intentionally or not) it will prevent the water from draining back into the sump to the point where it's overflowing and making a complete mess

Lol ya I have a siphon break I stole the idea from a guy I know and with the hole at top for siphon break it's turning the water up top .

Back
Top Bottom