Pod Fuge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sevise

Aquarium Advice Activist
As part of my basement sump system I was thinking about adding a fuge for pods. I'm still pretty new to this hobby so I'm not exactly sure what would provide the best conditions.

My thoughts for a POD fuge would be a 30Gal rubbermaid tub, filled with LR. No lighting, moderate flow.

My hope is that the pod fuge combined with the display 120Gal(w/ 160lbs LR) I should be able to maintain an adequit pod population to sustain a mandarine.

Anyone have any thought?

I would think so. We have a 90 gallon with appx 90 lbs of lr and an aquaclear 300 diy fuge, and we have had two mandarins for over six months. They eat the stuff on the rocks, they eat pods(I assume) and they eat whatever I feed the other fish. They do not appear to be as picky as most people say they are supposed to be. I have even seen them come and get a chunk of shrimp. Maybe I've just been lucky. Who knows. But You appear to have more than enough lr to sustain just one mandarin. jmho based on personal experience.

EK your lucky most people don't get mandarins that eat prepaired foods. I had 3 and only 1 would eat shrimp.
Sevise sounds like a good way to go with the tub and LR . I would add a light and some caluerpa to help control nitrates, you will not be sorry for the little extra you spend on a light. You don't need a big fancy light to keep caluerpa happy. Adding some cheap sand would also help the pods and system.

Back
Top Bottom