pod question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is a strange question but I'm gonna ask it anyway.....

I have pods....lots and lots of them. When I turn on the lights in the morning they scurry into various hiding places.

Is there such a thing as too many pods?

I don't think my tangs or clowns eat any of them. I'm just curious.

Thanks!

Lets kill two birds with one stone here...I was wondering if you can have pods in a FW tank? I have a bunch of what look like pods in my HOB filter.

As for your question...I'm not sure if you can have TOO many, but if you have lot's maybe a scooter blenny would be in order. I understand they live on a diet of pods. And they are pretty cool looking too.

Nope, they will flourish when there is plenty of food and diminish if there is not enough. Lots-o'pods are great!

Or, you could get a Mandarin Dragonet. Your tank is just big enough, and with the LR, sump and a good starter population of pods the mandarin should do well.

I only see mine a few times a week as it like to stay in the rocks. There a few specific times of the evening that I know it comes out front and heads over the pod pile for a snack.

I wouldn't go adding a scooter or a mandarin to the tank just yet. Both of these are delicatefish and require TONS of pods.

With that said, it is a good sign that you have lots of pods in your tank. It is a sign of a healthy tank. I actually added a 5gallon pod breeder to my system because I want more of them in the tank.

Ziggy953 said:
I actually added a 5gallon pod breeder to my system because I want more of them in the tank.

Jeesh, and here I was concerned because I thought perhaps I had too many.

If I may ask, what benefit do these little critters add? Is their presence just a gauge of your tanks health?

I know that these are basic questions but I am curious.

Back
Top Bottom