pods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wvanderborg

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is it necessary to have a fuge on a 25 gal tank to support coepods for 1 mandarin fish? I added a bottle of tigger pods a month ago but I never see them. As always thanks for the help guys.

One bottle pof pods isnt enough to start an entire colony of pods, especially enough for a mandarin. It takes months and alot of rock for the pods to reproduce. A fuge would be a good start, the bigger the better. If you have intentions of getting a mandarin you need to have a really solid population and a plan for going forward. My mandarin eats frozen food now but it took a long time and a lot of pods til she switched to frozen.

Don't put mandarin in that tank. It will not survive. Tank is too small and no refuge is bad idea. My mandarin spends 12 hours a day eating. At least. He will deplete a 30 gallon pod population in no time. If you had a refuge and a very established tank then maybe. But even still little small in my opinion. My Mandy is in a 90 gallon with 55 sump which is baffled off with a 15 gallon refuge.

Back
Top Bottom