pods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hocky puck

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok im making the change form my aggro tank over to a more peaceful tank then evently when i get the money to a reef (lights etc we all know are expensive). my wife wants to get a mandrin which i think would be great but was always scared because they need the pods to feed on. i want to know if after i get my last aggro fish out my zebra eel (gonna miss him so much:() and i get the pods set up so they replenish themselves then introduce the mandrin would i still have to suppliment more pods to the tank or would one mandrin not bother the population enough to kill them off?

What size tank how many lbs of LR and do you have a fuge?

the fuge isnt set up yet... thinking this out before i move on. i was gonna but rubble in it with a deep sand be and cheato tank is 90 gal

may be a stupid question why no jus put the pods in main tank (eye sore bad for fish?)

i know nothing bout these pods

The fuge is a sanctuary for them where you can give ideal conditions for reproduction without threat of predation leading to a larger population. What's the size of the tank and how much rock?

Edit* didn't see 90.. LR?

Oh ya you'll need about 50 more but you could just use base rock cause 50/50 should seed quickly

is there any inverts that i have to worry bout eating them too peppermint shrimp fire shrimp etc i want to get more then acouple inverts for tank after its fully running

Pretty much anything will eat a pod if it can catch it but for the most part you really won't want anything else in the fuge. Just go bare bottom with a bunch of LR and chaeto then seed with pods from reefs2go.com although it would eventually become established this will be much quicker

Back
Top Bottom