PODS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lando

Aquarium Advice Addict
So many of you know I have recently up-graded to a bigger tank. I finally got around to cleaning out my old skimmer and HOB filter and to my huge surprise there were hundreds of tiny white curli-que things covering the walls. I am assumming these are pods. I had no idea I even had them. I tried finding them in my old tank with a flash light and never saw any. Anyhoo...do you think a good population of them could have survived the move? I did put the sponge from my old PH and skimmer in the sump, along with the media container from my Emporer 400 that has aqua chargers in it from my old tank. I put down 50# of LS from the LFS and then the 50# of LS that were in my old tank on top of that. It wure would be nice if I managed to keep a decent POD population as the mandrain dragonet is on my wish list. Thanks! Lando

cleaning out my old skimmer and HOB filter and to my huge surprise there were hundreds of tiny white curli-que things covering the walls.
Was the equipment in use or dry for awhile? Sounds more like tube worms...

the equipment was in use for about a year and a half on my old tank. It sat in my laundary room waiting for be cleaned for four weeks.

Pods are like bugs they have legs, tentacles etc. If they were to dry up it would look like bug shells. Is your lr from a lfs? With a 100lbs you should have pods all over by now.

Yes, my LS is from the LFS. They tried to sell my that crap in the bag but I talked them into selling me 50# from their tanks instead. So I know it has been in an established tank for a long time.

Your profile says 100lbs live rock. Is the rock from a lfs? That is where most of the pods would come from, IME. If your not seeing pods crawling about at night after a year w/ this lr I'd say you should buy a detrivore kit. If the ls you bought at the lfs was not in a tank w/ lr I really wouldn't call it live unless you can easily find worms etc. in it.

Back
Top Bottom