Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-21-2005, 06:56 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Pods from fuge to main tank

Do the pods in the fuge find there way through the pump from the fuge into the main tank or do you have to get them over to the main tank in a more manual fashion?

Since this is my first fuge I cant say as to how large my pod pop is. It is however pretty easy to spot them. Usually a half dozen or so running around out in the open and a couple dozen in the macro. God only knows how many are in the rock.

natman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 07:17 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm going to say yes, do some get chopped up, yes. I never sat in front of the return and counted how many made it so I can not give any facts based on observation. But my manderin is doing well after 2 years so I like to think the fuge has helped. The fuge does help out a lot with nitrates when you have macro algae or caluerpa in it.

9/02-125 REEF, 125 lbs LR,LS 4x160 VHO, Reef Devil /Sump, Fuge
7/03-55 FOWLR 60lb LR, 50 lb SD sand 2x40 NO strip light, Reef Devil/sump, Fuge

TANK PICS http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=98202
seaham358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 11:35 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
I agree. I know some that keep a sponge in the fuge and actually manually transfer pods to the display. I have never done this and my mandarin appears to be doing well. He is always foraging and he does not eat prepared foods so I know he is getting something.

My pods travel 14ft up before they reach the display!
*180 gal Display, 100 gal basement sump, 33 gal refugium, 3x250 MH, 2x160 VHO actinics, zoos, some softies, LPS & lots of acros and other SPS.
*100 gal prop tank plumbed into main system w/ 2x96 PC lights and 1x150 MH,
ellisz is offline   Reply With Quote

pods, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com