Pods? Not sure what these are!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Race3370

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys walked into my room and noticed a bunch or small white dots all over my glass. What do you think they are. Sorry for the not so great pictures all I had was my phone. Thanks in advanced!!!

image-1647297053.jpg

image-2751436878.jpg

image-2987856842.jpg

Looks kinda like my old tank, if its the same thing its tiny snails. Mine looked like tiny white dots that came out at night and slowly went away when the lights came on. Im the am they were all over the glass, in the hundreds!

They are alive and appear to have little antennas.

They really don't look like any of the snails in that article, but they are very small. Do you think they are ok to be in their or do I need to remove them?

I think I have what you have, tiny, white snail looking things. I'm not sure what they are, but they do move around the tank on the glass (but very slowly). If you have other white specs that aren't moving and look like little spirals, these are calciferous worms. I don't think either are harmful, just filter feeders.

I didn't think they were harmful, but I didn't think it would hurt to verify!

They are harmless since they are on the glass and not grazing on your corals. Since you are only showing the side stuck to the glass look at this picture and compare Stomatella Snails

I don't think they are stomatella snails, but they are definitely snails. Them being on the glass would make me think algae eaters. What other snails do you have in the tank?

I have the same thing and they hang around the algae build up on my glass

Back
Top Bottom