Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-15-2013, 01:25 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

My clowns pick at pods on the glass, not on the rocks though. I think people were giving advice for the fishes well being. Some people can keep mandarins alive no problem, while others have no luck. There have been a lot less success stories with this fish than their have been successful ones. Hopefully you can get a nice fat one that never reverts off frozen food.

bribo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Activist

I don't think everyone was trying to be discouraging but I can't help it if I feel like a few were. So far I have had mixed feelings about this forum. It seems that there are a few here who are really here solely to help other and a great many here who are boarder line insulting to those who are beginners, don't have 150g+ tanks with refugiums top of the line lighting and all the other widgets and gidgets. I see a lot of competition daily for who has the best answers and can one up the other guy. ( sorry for the venting)

Old 10-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

We are just sharing our experiences. That is the purpose of forums like this so others can learn from our mistakes and success's. A lot of good information was shared with you, some of it conflicted with what you had decided to do already and you took it as some type of negativity. We will not always applause your decisions if some of us see disaster looming. The Mandarin topic has maybe 100 threads started on this forum, they all say the same thing. I would sure listen to Mr_X at least, he has a lot of experience and is right most the time in my experience. Same with Carey, her dedication has allowed her to pull off some difficult stuff.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #34
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcmcoker View Post
I don't think everyone was trying to be discouraging but I can't help it if I feel like a few were. So far I have had mixed feelings about this forum. It seems that there are a few here who are really here solely to help other and a great many here who are boarder line insulting to those who are beginners, don't have 150g+ tanks with refugiums top of the line lighting and all the other widgets and gidgets. I see a lot of competition daily for who has the best answers and can one up the other guy. ( sorry for the venting)
Most of us here talk from experience
the main rule for saltwater is take it slow rushing never gets you anywhere fast , it only brings on problems
mandarins are a very delicate fish and also finicky and it takes time to train him to eat frozen foods along with pellets
we just want to see whats best for you and your fish
remember most saltwater fish are not cheap!!
we want to see you succeed rather than fail
from my experience I spent over $75. a month to support my pod population as fast as I add them all the fish eat them
Not everyone can afford this monthly expense , we are trying to tell you what the pet store failed to tell you , it can get costly
still now 2 years later I still add pods but now I breed them now that extra money saved every month goes buying corals
think of it this way better to be well informed than not

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com