POLL: Favorite Live Rock? Tonga, Fiji??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

runway1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just wondering what might be choicest rock out there and why? Preferences?

Also, what's the lightest rock, i.e. least dense? Thanks!

I like tonga because of the shapes. I also have quite a bit of the aquacultured rock which I believe is manmade and farmed in the ocean. It looks very nice also.

Tonga branch...or marshall islands
The branch are and great for the sides of the tank...allow swimming room and eliminate featureless areas.
Marshall islands are all sorts of twisty convoluted shapes..great for smaller fish to swim through/hide in.

I have fiji and marshall island mixed in mine. There`s not just one good type.

Sorry, I am partial to my Floridian/caribbean aqua-cultured LR. It has much more life (good and bad) then any other LR I have seen. I do have some very nice Fiji as well that I am happy with.

I love my fiji and it was bursting with life when I got it and I keep finding more and more now. I got it at my lfs but I have no idea where they got it from. It has great shapes and is very porous.

A guy on liverocknreef told me the greatest rock is deco or kahelini but since the hurricanes the are limited.

I have tonga branch, tonga deepwater, and aquacultured figi. I would say I like the tonga branch over anything.

I have a pretty varied mixture of rock in my tank, but for being pourous I'd say the fiji or tonga. For overall appearance I love the Caribbean. They rock for making shelves and caves.

Back
Top Bottom