Poll: Hardest to Keep Surgeonfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Tang is the hardest to keep in captivity from the list below?

• Yellow Tang

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kole Tang

• Sailfin Tang

• Purple Tang

• Lavender Tang

• Naso Tang

• Total voters

macman7010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I thought it would be interesting to see which tangs people find hard to keep.

Although it's spelled incorrectly, the Achilles tang is known to have a VERY poor survival rate in home aquariums. I have not had one personally, but from what I have read it is the hardest to keep.

tripper

I agree about the Achillies but I voted for the Powder Blue which I had very poor results

Achillies are very hard fish to keep, maybe even right under the Moorish Idol. Same with Powder Blue tangs as they often dont make it in captivity either. I dont understand why people seek out to keep these fish that never seem to thrive when there are some many great looking tangs out there that are easy keepers.

The Yellow tang, sailfin tang, and many others are not hard to keep and do well in captivity.

I said the Hippo just because they are ick magnets and every one I see in a pet store (except the small ones) are discolored. Anyone know why this is?

Well looks like the arcillies tang is the clear winner. I voted for it since in my expierence it has proven very hard to keep. I would have assumed the Powder Blue would have scored a higer overall percentage since they are percieved by some to be very difficult keepers.

How about the naso tangs? I had two in my 125 reef system and they both didn't make it :(

Back
Top Bottom