Poll: What isyour favorite fish, and why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MickieFish

Aquarium Advice Regular
By this I mean one you have now, or have had in the past! Feel free to post a pic of your fave!

I have no SW experience, and minimal FW, but I like my dwarf gouramis. They are so pretty and playful!

My favorite sw fish is my banded eel. Favorite fw fish is my rhino pleco. :)

Last edited:
The eel can get to 24". It's one of the smaller species. The pleco gets around 18"

My favorite is the copperband butterfly. I love the shape and colors and enjoy the challenge of keeping them.

Attachments

• 481326637419388da8721b_113.jpg
    481326637419388da8721b_113.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 505
well, I have to stay true to the original fish that got me excited about this hobby, The false percula clown, and yes it was well before Finding Nemo was created. (not to say I'm not a fan of the movie though:))

my favorite fish in the the world is an adult Emperor angel, although i have never owned one, i fing them amazing

Mine is the seahorse.
They're so interesting and have great personalities.

Attachments

• new6_002cr_184.jpg
    new6_002cr_184.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 21
FO = Emperor Angel
Reef = Naso, Clowns, Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, All Tangs!
Ocean = Moorish Idol

;)

I have to say my Convict tang...He greats all the new fish with protection 8) :kiss: and has such a sweet demeanor about him. He lets my husband rub him and he eats out of his hand....When I stare into the tank he always greats me! :wave:
Second is our jester gobi.......Its cool to watch him put a ton of sand in his mouth and then push it through his gills............. :scatter:

Attachments

• mvc-051f_210.jpg
    mvc-051f_210.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 17
  • img_0456_644.jpg
    img_0456_644.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 28
My favorite so far is my algae blenny. Quite a character. Of course he's my only fish so far... lol

blenny.jpg

I love all tangs. this is a pic of my sailfin. I hear you brian. :D

Attachments

• 000_0021_929.jpg
    000_0021_929.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 20
You all picked such beautiful fish! ... LOL Brendon... in a couple years, when I have the know how.. I can't wait to start a SW tank!!! SW fish are soo beautiful!

I love my purple psuedochrimos

I know people say they are aggresssive, but mine isn't. This dude (named barney) is just one cool cat. He kinda chills by my colt coral and watches life float by. Very mild maneered during feeding time.

I really like firefish gobies. They're colored like little meteorites streaking through the atmosphere and their "faces" (like all gobies) are stuck in that perpetual frown, which gives them so much personality. Such a grouchy looking fish.

(having said that, my favorite marine organism is my coral banded shrimp. his brain is about the size of a pin head, but still I feel like I can relate to him. seems like a typical choice (who hasnt had a CB shrimp before?), but I can't deny their awesomitude)

I'm a huge fan of my bi-color blenny. He remind me of a grumpy old man, esp when he gets mad and his cheeks turn and cirra( sp? ) turn white. His name is Tommy Two-Tone.

Back
Top Bottom