polups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dadime69

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hay guys I. Got some nuclear polups that have not opened up all week are they deaad I messed with them a little n they won't close any more then they already are any ideas what can I do to get them back helthy I just did a 50 percent waterchange so ill give water specs later once it settles in n the only other change is mh 20000 k from the t5 n its just 2 400 watt over a 135 gallon

can you post a picture of them? Is there a reason you did that big of a PWC?

Your MH are much more powerful than the t5's. They need to be acclimated to the new lights. I'm not an expert on lighting so idk if it would kill them, but you're certainly blasting them with more light then they're used to. Also keep an eye on your temp as MH give off a lot of heat.

I have 3 colanys I split up all look the same different. Levels in tank the waterchange was cus I waited like a month and a half due to the fact I just set up a 55 gallon waterchang barrel wit auto rodi. Feed

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110418_150841.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110418_150841.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 111
  • ForumRunner_20110418_150822.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110418_150822.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 113
Calcium. 480
Kg 300
Phosphate. .05
Rate 40
Rite .25
Ammonia 0
Ph 81
Keep in mind I do got crush coral n stered. It up when changing water

Calcium. 480
Kg 300
Phosphate. .05
Rate 40
Rite .25
Ammonia 0
Ph 81
Keep in mind I do got crush coral n stered. It up when changing water

If you are showing Nitrites that is bad and phosphates are a little high too. I would try to get them both down

Think I made the same mistake with a clump of green star polyps I just added. My lighting is much stronger than in the LSF and I think they might benefit from some shade.

Greg i have same issue with my star i bought a week and half ago... lfs told me to move them around every days till i find a spot they like... still havint opened yet... u don't happen to live in pa?

Back
Top Bottom