Pom Pom crab with Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doubtful. I had one with two oscellaris and he did fine. They just hide all day everyday

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So you think it shouldn't be a problem?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Clowns don't usually mess with inverts so you should be fine. Can't say 100% sure (some fish are jerks) but I'm 99% sure you won't have a problem

My Pom Pom crab ate my antenna goby. Just got that crab yesterday and this is what I saw this morning.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424111955.259617.jpg

My Pom Pom crab ate my antenna goby. Just got that crab yesterday and this is what I saw this morning.View attachment 264485

A healthy fish isn't going to be caught and killed by a crab, they're way to slow. Pom pins are very peaceful but they're still crabs and a crab is going to eat a dead fish.

My antenna goby was living a happy life with pistol shrimp for 6 months. No signs of odd behavior.

Plain and simple, as I've stated in other threads that you have brought back from the dead regarding pom pom crabs, crabs are opportunistic creatures. They will have no problem munching on a corpse of your favorite fish that died from whatever issue, be it age, stress, disease, bullying...so on. This is why some get a bad wrap. They are 'caught in the act' of doing their job and get labelled as a killer. Throw the internet into the picture and you'll be able to put together a small group of people that don't understand the creatures they are keeping to come up with something that simply doesn't make sense. Pom pom crabs can NOT kill a healthy fish. Not fast or strong enough to do so.

After having him for more than a month and watching I can tell that he's very territorial and harasses anything that comes near 4 inches of his proximity. Fish, emerald crab, and all hermits are scared the hell of him. He puts his anemones in front then jumps and tries to chase. Mine is definitely not shy.

Back
Top Bottom