Porkie puffer and carpet neme's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rosesrblu1

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a question. We just upgraded our 54g corn tank to a 180g tank. Our "old" tank has a rather docile, but large 6" or so porkie puffer. I want to drip him into my new tank tonight, which by itself is fine. I wanted to also get this week, a carpet neme. Does anyone think the puffer would pick at the neme? He pretty much keeps to himself and swims around. He doesn't nip at rocks or chew on anything but mysis and krill. We have had a cuc I. The old tank and he left the alone. I really love my puffer, awesome personality but I am dying for a neme to host a mated clown pair we have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paula

I had a saddle carpet anemone, anything picking at him was never a concern. Him catching and eating anything that came near him was my problem. One damsel, one hawkfish, multiple crabs and snail all became snacks. And he grew very fast. Good luck.

Is the carpet expensive? I wouldn't try it if it was expensive. You'll never know until you try, but puffers are definitely not safe with corals. Short-term might work, but they are pretty curious and may take a test bite at one point over the next several years.

Is the carpet expensive? I wouldn't try it if it was expensive. You'll never know until you try, but puffers are definitely not safe with corals. Short-term might work, but they are pretty curious and may take a test bite at one point over the next several years.

I saw a few green ones at a pretty good price at the Lfs, so I was going to try one. They were a nice size. I certainly wouldn't experiment with a red saddle or anything crazy. I think it was on sale for less than 30. We did put the puffer in the big tank tonight after a lengthy drip. Let's see how the puffer does this week. I am out of town, but the hubby is home. I don't want to get the neme and leave for the week. Hubby is about the fish, I am about the rest of the tank and he wouldn't know how the care for the neme.

Thanks for the advice all

Paula

So the puffer, Peetie, was fully dripped and in the tank last night. He is like a pig in you know what, oh wait, he is a pig!!! He is swimming all over the place, and checked out the new digs. He saw his old buddies, so it was comforting to him ( at least it is what I believe). He ate and all is good. Now, time to look for the neme... I want a purple one, but because I don't know if he will be eaten, I'll stick with standard green. Keep you posted!!

Back
Top Bottom