Portable ro/di

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spechty37

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello I have another question do portable ro/di system do the job I guess I should of ask before I bought one off of eBay for $66 I hope they do I'm gonna hook it up in about an hour as soon as I get back from lowes I have to pick up all the odds and ends thoughts please thank you

I think the only issue with the portable units is the filters etc are harder to come by and more expensive. Or so I've heard.

I started out with the portable unit as well. It was perfect for my needs at the time. It's true the replacement filters are a tad bit more than the standard ones but I think with the money you save on the unit itself you are doing ok.

Now, longterm it might not be such a great buy considering the filter costs BUT it is a great unit to use until you are very sure you are going to stay in the hobby and then you can invest the $200 for a regular sized unit. Thats exactly what I did. The portable unit performs the exact same as the full size ones so you aren't losing anything by buying this one.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Carey that's what my plans are I'm going to hook it up today so ill let everyone know when I got good water and no longer have to carry 5 gallon buckets up and down my basement steps woo hoo

Well I got my portable ro/do all hooked up I will be doing my first water changes tomorrow with it woo hoo

Grats! Getting a unit was one of the best things I ever bought for my tanks. It's a true godsend. lol Can't believe I used to carry jugs back and forth at one point, what a waste of time and energy.

make sure you run the unit for a bit before using the water, you have to flush the membrane before getting good water.

Thanks and i did it said to run 20 gallons through it so I ran about 30 through it I know I'm looking forward to not have to carry 5 gallon buckets up and down my basement steps lol

Why does it say in the directions of my portable ro/di system that di water is not good for human drinking I thought that's what it was for to give you the best water possible what am I missing here

Back
Top Bottom