Possible 10 gallon coral/invert tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mkiley0598

Aquarium Advice Regular
Thinking about starting a small reef with an extra 10 gallon tank I have, any suggestions on lighting for a ten gallon.
I pretty much have all the equipment needed to start this as my second reef tank but don't have any experience with good lights for this sized tank

I bought the fitting from my LFS (because it was a neat bracket that sits in the tank) but you could use a hanging fitting - the globe is a screw in one. I ordered mine from china it was about $40 (aus) it's not dimmable tho...

I bought the fitting from my LFS (because it was a neat bracket that sits in the tank) but you could use a hanging fitting - the globe is a screw in one. I ordered mine from china it was about $40 (aus) it's not dimmable tho...

okay thanks what have you had in your tank so far in terms of livestock?

I keep all the fun corals I can't keep in my 55g - a hammer, some zoas, Duncan's, acans, a couple of small leathers a peppermint shrimp and a clown goby :) it's only been up about 6 months so am slowly stocking it up...

I keep all the fun corals I can't keep in my 55g - a hammer, some zoas, Duncan's, acans, a couple of small leathers a peppermint shrimp and a clown goby :) it's only been up about 6 months so am slowly stocking it up...

nice that's kinda what I wanted to do, do you know any limitations for that light, can it do most LPS, any SPS? not really planning on SPS at this time but just wondering

As far as I know I can grow almost anything - they come in different wattages so look out for that. Mine is 18x 3w (54w in total) which is a lot, but my tank is tall...

As far as I know I can grow almost anything - they come in different wattages so look out for that. Mine is 18x 3w (54w in total) which is a lot, but my tank is tall...

okay thanks I have a pretty shallow ten gallon so I would probably go for a lower wattage but still enough. does adjusting height from the surface help if a light is too bright for the coral?

Also, will one bulb work for a ten gallon?

Ya that light looks good if the LEDs are running at at least 2w and one shouldne good for lps and softies, probably need 2 for sps

Ya looks ok, only thing I see is the optics, see if they can switch them for 120 degree the 60s won't cover a 10g all the way

Ya looks ok, only thing I see is the optics, see if they can switch them for 120 degree the 60s won't cover a 10g all the way

so would you recommend 2 of them if I can't find one at 120 degrees, what if I just have corals toward the center of the tank, would that work with a 60?

Back
Top Bottom