Possible aiptasia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HairlessPotter

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Tried to get a picture but there's no way, sorry. Can barely see it myself. But i've noticed lately some zoos have been staying closed a lot and now i see some little tentacle things sticking out from in between the polyps. At first i thought it may be a little bit of hair algae but now im pretty sure its an aiptasia. Never had any before and don't know how to get rid of it. It is literally on my corals so i can't do anything that will kill them. What do you guys think i should do?

Oh it will. Lemon juice, boiling water, aiptasia-x...all of them work because they will kill. This includes your corals. It is even stated right on the bottle of aptasia-x.

Being careful you won't kill them. I used aiptasia-x in very close proximity to my blue symphodium. They closed up some for a day, but opened back up. Just turn off the powerheads and do it carefully.

Squirted it with lemon juice and it went away for a couple days but now I can see it again. I'll have to try again when my lights turn on

I've used a kalkwasser paste with a small syringe to good effect. Keep squirting into the mouth even after they retract to kill them.

Back
Top Bottom