Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-01-2012, 05:10 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Possible Scratch - or crack?

Hello everyone ...

I noticed today what is either a possible scratch or crack in my red sea 130d. I was doing a water change/algae cleaning and noticed a spot where a short, (maybe half inch) line of algae was growing. Upon further inspection I noticed there was a recess signaling a scratch in the glass. When I put my finger on the spot I could feel a scratch in the glass. Should I be worried that this is a crack that will spread? Oddly enough it's right where I dock my hammerhead algae magnet which is super, super strong. Could sand have gotten caught in the magnet scratching the glass that much?

Want a great read check out my debut novel Neptune's Garden: www.neptunesgardenbook.com
macman7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
It very well could have been sand stuck in the magnet but I wouldn't be worried about it failing (cracking) just from the scratch...if it is high enough up you could buffer it out slightly during a wc...unfortunately all mine are at the base of the tank lol
Mrc8858 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com