Possible to frag a flower pot coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squado

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it possible to frag a flower pot coral? Ive got one right now that is massive in my 29 gallon and is consuming a lot of space. The skeleton of the coral is a half dome shape and their is always polyps out of it. Anyway, is this possbile? TIA

How long have you had it? I have seen corals drop polyps and those polyps grow into new corals. This usually happens during a stress period like Ph spikes or something. Flower pot corals are very hard to keep and usually don't last six months because they are a brackish water coral and need lots of food to survive. Post pics please I'd like to see it and by the way I have not heard of anyone fragging Flower Pots becasue of the short life span.

I dont mean this in a negative way, but.....you are fortunate enough to have one that is doing ok for you. That is a rare event and I sure wouldnt screw it up by fragging it.

I've had the coral for a couple of months now. I know that their life span is short, but this one is growing at a pretty steady rate, colors also look good as well (nice bright green). I dont know if a couple of months is enough time to tell if he is ok, but it seems to be growing quite nicely and still has all polyps that extend quite well.

Back
Top Bottom