Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-25-2011, 12:09 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Freak

I don't think I've seen it, don't know how to

Old 08-25-2011, 12:15 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks guys for the kind words. i work all day researching and posting on here. yeah, I'm home all day with not much to do but take care of fish and research. I for sure do more researching and reading than I ever did for ANY college course. I am like a sponge, I just love to absorb knowledge.

As far as my threads, they do get a bit long but I ask alot of questions not just for me but for those reading. Some dumb ones too just in case.

Here's my fishie photo that won last month

It was a shot in a million as I suck at photo taking. LOL And since that photo was taken my watchman has gone from brilliant yellow to a pale white as he is stressed about the new clowns I added. Hoping he'll hold on long enough for me to move the clowns.

lol

Old 08-25-2011, 12:20 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Freak

Aww he's a beautiful fish, I hope he gets better soon
Old 08-25-2011, 12:23 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks, I hope so too. he is very aggressive for his type of fish, he is always doing the open mouth lunge at the scooter and the scooter could care less. he doesnt actually attack any fish just does the mouth thing which I find hilarious. lol I find it even funnier that not one fish gives a darn about him but yet he's stressed. I'm itching to do a water change but I dont wanna stress the poor guy to death .
Old 08-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Freak

Reminds me of a chihuahua trying to scare a great Dane lol soundslike it would be funny to watch, is he in the 125, just wondering why he would be so stressed about putting 2 fish in, he should have plenty of tank to himself
Old 08-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Freak

My watchman gobie is a chicken. Though I often see him at the mouth of his cave watching the other fish. I always hear an old man in my head yelling "get off my lawn". It's that grumpy face, as my wife puts it
Old 08-25-2011, 12:45 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Freak

Haha they sound interesting, I may look into one later on down the road
Old 08-25-2011, 07:28 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Did anyone have a problem with maintain their pH in a QT? I set up a 20g long, but the pH dropped to around 7.0 . So far, i've been using marine buffer to try to raise it, but I was hoping there is a natural way to maintain the pH. I have a penguin 200 filter on the tank so I think that's enough surface agitation.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:33 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrown4u View Post
Reminds me of a chihuahua trying to scare a great Dane lol soundslike it would be funny to watch, is he in the 125, just wondering why he would be so stressed about putting 2 fish in, he should have plenty of tank to himself

The YWG is in my 29g cube with a goby, a mandarin, a scooter and for now the two b&w clowns. Its not like theyre crowded in either, the citron goby mostly perches, the mandarin is alwasy flitting around and the scooter is all over the sandbed scooting usually. Don't know what the YWG issue is. He did the same color turning thing after I did a pwc last weekend. i guess he's just sensitive or grumpy as another put it. LOL He does have a grumpy look on his face all the time
Old 08-25-2011, 08:33 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry405 View Post
Did anyone have a problem with maintain their pH in a QT? I set up a 20g long, but the pH dropped to around 7.0 . So far, i've been using marine buffer to try to raise it, but I was hoping there is a natural way to maintain the pH. I have a penguin 200 filter on the tank so I think that's enough surface agitation.
I had the same prob until i started using the water from my DT after that it seamed to stay around 8-8.2

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pics

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com