Post pics of QT set-ups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TLTGF

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just posted a pic of my new 10 gallon cheapie QT tank, and I was thinking what do other people use.

Sooo... lets see some QT set-ups if that sounds okay. :blink:

:lol:,,i have used rubbermaid totes before(not sure if you want a pic of that)..
I am glad to see more people QTing though ...Its really the only way to go IMO,,much better for our systems and the new fish(y)

I'm not proud, but I'm using my 55g right now for my qt. If a fish were to get sick in there I have an empty 10g I can use to dose meds since I have some live rock and sand in the 55g and some inverts still.

Kinda glad I have the 55g as the blue tang in qt is loving the rock to sleep under. lol

I wasn't really sure how many people would post or confess, I was just feeling kinda crazy and figured I'd like to see what, and how others set up their tanks.

Thanks guys for the info.

I've been in the hobby(with saltwater) a little over 6 years and it seems QTing is not a practice a lot of people do...:nono::(

It appears most people go to a qt after an outbreak of some sort. I lost 6 fish in less than a week cause i didn't qt a tang. :-( I am now qt'ing. LOL

That was an expensive week for me and the poor fish! It's a personal preference thing. I;m trying to err on the side of caution right now by keeping my 125g fish qt'd.

Im guessing that the people who dont QT also buy lotto tickets and bet on the horses too :lol: My QT is an ugly RM tote i learned the hard way not to use any tanks or my wife will turn them into display tanks :facepalm:

Grizz said:
Im guessing that the people who dont QT also buy lotto tickets and bet on the horses too :lol: My QT is an ugly RM tote i learned the hard way not to use any tanks or my wife will turn them into display tanks :facepalm:

Lol funny stuff man my wife wont let me set up any more as I have 3 now. Oh and I do qt, the way to go. As some of the above have stated I have learned the hard way. Will take pics aftre work

Here's one I just set up, more of a holding tank, as I wouldn't leave anything in there long. It's about an 8 gallon, small heater, power head and a little LR.

Attachments

• image-1933718680.jpg
    image-1933718680.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 125
My qt with my soon to be new addition

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110824_173408.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110824_173408.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 142
  • ForumRunner_20110824_173427.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110824_173427.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 120
Scuba,

That's exactly what mine will look like in about 3 days... Only difference is I'll have a pair.

On a side note, both you and Mike both have LR in your set-ups and you also use sand. How do you handle medicating? Or is the QT only for pre-introduction to the tank?

TLTGF said:
Scuba,

That's exactly what mine will look like in about 3 days... Only difference is I'll have a pair.

On a side note, both you and Mike both have LR in your set-ups and you also use sand. How do you handle medicating? Or is the QT only for pre-introduction to the tank?

Well I have sand and lr because I don't like the empty tank lol If I need to medicate then I have another 10gal that I use for that, its not what everyone would do but it works good and why fix it if its not broke

Mine is a QT for a new addition. I put the LR in there to give it hiding places, a little hair algae to munch on & add a little filtration. If I was medicating, I wouldn't use the rock; just a sponge.

Thanks for all the participation! I wondered how this thread would turn out!

I never had a QT tank until a few months ago, just a ten gal with heater, filter, liverock and sand. I have two small clowns in it waiting to go in the 40 gal. So far I have been lucky with my SW aquariums but pushed my luck far enough, will always QT new fish, ect. From now on!

I want to set up a qt tank, do I just need sand, filter, and maybe heater, I don't think I would want lr in it cause for now this would just be for unhealthy fish cause I won't be buying any new fish for a while lol and i would just use an extra 10g I have, so will that work?

I have a 10 gallon tank with hood and stock lighting. Have a whisper HOB filter and a cheap 110 gph powerhead. I also have an air stone and pump for it. Along with the collection I have some cut up pvc pipes for hiding. That's about it! Simple but effective.

I keep the filters foam pads in my sump in case i need the qt tank in an emergency for a sickness or something.

Back
Top Bottom