Potter's angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flreefer

Aquarium Advice Addict
I Would like some input on the Potter's angelfish.
Would it be OK in a reef?
I've wanted one for years, and I would like to know if you would put it in your reef?

Most places say "with caution" but I have never known one that didnt eventually go to munching on corals. Yes they would start off OK but eventually mother nature took over and they did. The bad part is that when they do they are hard to get out the tank and you`ll need to tear down the tank.

Most places say "with caution" but I have never known one that didnt eventually go to munching on corals. Yes they would start off OK but eventually mother nature took over and they did. The bad part is that when they do they are hard to get out the tank and you`ll need to tear down the tank.

Good to know Mine's been in my mixed reef tank for 14 months :facepalm:
So far no problems but.........

Well, I'm glad that I've resisted the urge, up until this point.
Do they pick at certain corals, or anything at their disposal? Probably the LPS, huh?

I have had one will Lps and softies and few sps. No picking at all. Friendly will everyone except my clowns. Nothing serious jut some posturing when potter goes close to clowns area. I think more clownfish issue then potter angel.

Very active fish all over the tank and follows the Tangs everywhere.

They can be hard to get eating but the main thing is when mature, they are a deeper water fish. They do best, long term, in cooler temps of around 72-76.

Thanks guys, I only wanted one to continue with the Hawaiin feel of my tank, but my tank runs at 78-79. Maybe I'll just find another Hawaiin endemic.
Ohh well, I've wanted one for quite awhile.
Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom