Powder blue and hippo tang.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clownfish25

Aquarium Advice Activist
We are in process of setting up a 75 gallon tank. Right now we have a 38 gallon tank. If I were to add my hippo tang and a powder blue tang to the new tank at the same time would they be okay. Or would they be aggressive towards each other because I know the powder blue tang can be aggressive towards fish of similar colors?

I understand the tank size with tangs. Please don't comment about that my hippo tang is small and is doing fine. The holding tank he was in at the lfs was much smaller. We are upgrading has we go and as he grows. This hobby can be expensive. Thanks

I dont know how 2 blue tangs would get along, but i know that they will be more agressive in a smaller tank like a 75 gallon, rather then a 6' tank like a 125 gallon. I assume there will be agression issues

Clownfish25 said:
We are in process of setting up a 75 gallon tank. Right now we have a 38 gallon tank. If I were to add my hippo tang and a powder blue tang to the new tank at the same time would they be okay. Or would they be aggressive towards each other because I know the powder blue tang can be aggressive towards fish of similar colors?

I understand the tank size with tangs. Please don't comment about that my hippo tang is small and is doing fine. The holding tank he was in at the lfs was much smaller. We are upgrading has we go and as he grows. This hobby can be expensive. Thanks

Look for problems if you do. Not one of these fish are compatible with a 75g, so expect territory wars from the get go. Already the fish have two stress factors, swimming room and territory. Powder blues and hippos are already so susceptible to disease and infection a simple cut on one of them could mean its demise. If you must have a tang, i highly suggest only one, and you still may have problems down the road.

Schism said:
Look for problems if you do. Not one of these fish are compatible with a 75g, so expect territory wars from the get go. Already the fish have two stress factors, swimming room and territory. Powder blues and hippos are already so susceptible to disease and infection a simple cut on one of them could mean its demise. If you must have a tang, i highly suggest only one, and you still may have problems down the road.

Thanks for the advice. I may just stick with the one we have. He is only like two inches right now.and he is doing great The powder blue just looks cooler to me.

Back
Top Bottom