Powder blue tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigbrother

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just bought a powder blue this afternoon he's pretty cool looking fish hi seems to be getting along with my yello tang he's very healthy he's grassing the live rock for algae over all a very active Lil guy his about 2 inches an very color full any suggestion on how to keep this Lil guy healthy an thriving ??

IMO, return him. This is the 75 gallon, right? He's going to get super aggressive and torture your other fish, at the very least. That fish is not meant for a 4' tank IME.

No it's my 100 gallon I have a 75 gallon tank but only have a puffer in there

I have kept them in various tanks. Right now I have one in a 150- He's a bit of a bully, to say the least. There's nothing special you need to do to care for them, but If he starts to get cranky and attacks whatever else you put in the tank, it's nothing that you did.

I kept a powder blue in a 110 for a couple of years (until I moved and sold the tank) - I had good luck just doing the basics: water changes, lite stocking of the tank, etc - I think I made sure I mixed up the food for variety at first just to make sure he was eating well and he did fine

Ok plz tell me how did u feed him how much an how often also water temp an water changes ?

Ok thanx I just go him yesterday he's eating fine I got sheets of algae called nori but this Mornin he appeared alil pale in color but still eating fine an swimming around hopefully he's gana be ok

Ok thanx I just go him yesterday he's eating fine I got sheets of algae called nori but this Mornin he appeared alil pale in color but still eating fine an swimming around hopefully he's gana be ok

I think that as long as he is already eating and your water quality is good - he should be just fine.

Also do I turn off the LED light at night a switch over to moonlight durin night time u think he didn't get good rest with the moonlights on should I turn them off an leave him on the dark at night ?

Also do I turn off the LED light at night a switch over to moonlight durin night time u think he didn't get good rest with the moonlights on should I turn them off an leave him on the dark at night ?

I tuned all the lights off at night; but I didn't have moonlights on that tank

Ok thanx a lot for the help i will turn the moonlights off at night an so it's just pitch black so he can rest

Back
Top Bottom