powder blue tang causing feather duster to close

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lziarek

Aquarium Advice Freak
My recent addition to the tank, a poweder blue tang (the only fish in the tank), happily swims around the tank exploring everything religiously, which in turn annoyes the hell out of my feather duster which now refuses to open until the tang is asleep during the night. Anything I can do? I am worried about the health of my feather duster. All water parameters are at 0 and ph is rock hard stead at 8.

since the tang is a recent addition, maybe he needs time to adjust, settle down, and then he will leave the feather duster alone. i had a new fish that was very interested in one of my feather dusters, but after a week or so he left it alone. and if he hasnt thrown his crown yet he cant be too unhappy right? good luck!

I had read that powder blue tangs were nominally agressive anyways. I was under the understandin that they weren't all that great in invert tanks . Is that not true? Let me know please.

Well that tanks way to small for an active fish like that. I hope you have a 6ft tank ready for him.

well right now he is 4" and that leaves him 12 fish lenghts, no one was purchasing him at the lfs and he was in a tiny compartment so right now he has a better home. As for a larger tank when he grows he will have one. I am going to be moving in a year so that will be upgrade time. If we are talking size to tank length ratio he has much more room now than he would full grown in a 6ft tank. ;) As for being agressive twoards inverts he is fairly peaceful, all he does is sometimes flare at the two ocellaris clowns. Though, I bet this depends a lot on the particular fish and its attitude. As for the duster I believe it blew its crown but is still in its tube, hopefully growing a new one.

all he does is sometimes flare at the two ocellaris clowns

hehehe thought i read he was the only fish in the tank ?

Lets try and help rather than hinder, your advice is as always good and pretty accurate, but please lets not go looking for areas to criticize!

No one was critizing him... How about we stay on topic and not make false accusations.
I am going to be moving in a year so that will be upgrade time.

Cool good luck with the little guy.

Back
Top Bottom