Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

Its good to hear that Tang is still alive, but it's important to understand that Ich will drop off a fish as part of its life cycle. The fish is not cured, its just that the Ich is now in the sand and rock multiplying. If fish in your tank are stressed and/or weak, it will show up again. Also, Ich is not always visible on a fish. Those white spots are a skin reaction to the parasite burrowing in. You sometimes can't see it in the gils. Ich is only "cured" through using copper or Hyposalinity in a QT and leaving the DT fallow so that the Ich in there die off due to not having a host.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My tangs white spots are going away! He wont eat anything other then the algae on my rocks though its stubborn for sure

Old 04-24-2013, 06:53 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimdim View Post
The tang has beaten the ich i came home today and most of if not all his little white ichy spots are gone! Hes a tough one to get to eat though yhats for sure! Wont eat flakes or pellets, just bought some nori and garlic extreme and he wont even touch it! This tang is only eating the algae on my rocks
What the fish is telling you is that he WANTS to eat but you are not giving him what he WANTS to eat. If none of those other foods work, try the old stand by: Romain Lettuce leaf attached to a rock so that he thinks it's natually growing from the rock. It has gotten many of my past fish to start eating. If all else fails, try live foods as last resort.
My best advice: Think like the fish
Old 04-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Flash freeze a few leafs of romain lettuce, it softens the lettuce and makes it a bit easier to eat.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Didnt touch the lettuce, quick boiled for 5 seconds. Then put it between some rocks, no go. Thawed some mysis shrimp in tank water and garlic extreme and he ate like a pig!!!

Tags
powder, tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com