Powder grey tang!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dimdim

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just got a true powder grey according to my lfs, its about 3 1/2" and will be housed in my 75 with a clownfish and lawnmower and diamond watchmen goby for a while, anyone have any experience with these?

Mike, hello, I am uploading a picture right now for you.

How is he doing I was thinking about getting a gold rim tang is he healthy or showing any signs of ich

Thats not a white cheek, its a hybrid of a achillies and a powder brown or white cheek, thats where it gets the orange and blue. Look it up.

Usually hybrid Achilles / white cheeks will have tail streamers . I do not see any orange / red on the tail . Maybe it is just the pic but to me I would still lean towards a white cheek tang . Jmo

Lol I'm not the op here . While I do have one myself I think we can agree the op 's tang needs to put some more size on until we can truly say if it is or isn't a hybrid :)

^^^^yeah you are deffinitly right. In a year or so it will be better to tell. If it was a hybrid you got a steal. Those usually go for $200 up for a small one.

He is showing signs of something on his body, doesnt seem like ich at all, the fish hasnt been stressed at all, and is swimmingand eating alot! Thanks for the inputguys! It was sold as a powder grey, and my lfs specializes in tangs so i trust him! Well see how it grows up ! I need to get. A few more cleaner shrimp !

Just ordered some nori, garlic gaurd, metronidazole, and a seaweed clip to make my tangs ich life alot better! Will start withthe garlic nori, then if signs dont improve will use the metronidazole diet

If it does have ich the only 2 cures are hyposalinity or copper. Nothing else will work or ever be proved to work

Im not going to stress it out by removing it from my tank right away, i have my qt ten gallon up and running at 1.024 right now, at 77degrees. How should i go about qt when i do decide to take the tang out? Would like to use copper, but if i can get it to subside, like it has with a few other fish, it will be easier on catching them

Well IMO the whole moving the fish = more stress is not true. They have ich they are under stress already. Make sure 100% you are dealing with ich before you do anything . I never used copper so you would have to ask someone else how to do that. I been thru this before and took all my fish and put them in a hypo tank at 1.008 salinity . You said you have had fish that fought it off? Well that same ich that they fought off could very well be affecting the tang. This is why the people who truely know about ich always say to treat all fish and not just try some miracle cure. By doing that the ich stayed in your tank and infected the new fish. Me personally when I get a new fish it gets temp matched for 20 mins then dropped right into hypo . Anyways long story short find out what you are dealing with for sure before you do anything. Can you post a pic ?

Back
Top Bottom