Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-08-2005, 12:32 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to Rsquared333 Send a message via MSN to Rsquared333 Send a message via Yahoo to Rsquared333
Power Compact Hood Battle!!!!

Which lighting system out of these 3 is the best?

Current USA Orbit 36" 2x96 compact strip light w/3 lunar lights

36" Coralife Lunar Aqualight Moonlight Hood 2 x 96 watt power compact bulbs and 2 Lunar Moonlights

Current USA 36" Satellite Fixture 2 x 96 watt power compacts with 1 lunar moonlights

this would be for a 46 gal reef tank (70-80 lbs of lr with ls)g with med to heavy amount of coral, anemones , and inverts with a few small fish.

Any personal experiences would be helpful. Any and all comments would help.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Rsquared333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 12:38 AM   #2
Go with the coralife. A much more reliable product in my opinion. I sell both brands and recomend the coralife. Current USA is good but Coralife has a much better customer service if something goes wrong! watt for watt the light output is about equal. I personally use coralife lights on my sons 26 bow.
captivereefs is offline   Reply With Quote

hood, power compact

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com