Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-16-2006, 03:09 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Send a message via AIM to Brian Vartanian
Power Glo light

HI, ive had my 55 gal tank set up for 3 months now. i wanted to get an anenome or 2 for my clown fish, and i know u need nice lighting for them. now all of my LFS kept telling me i need a glass top for these lights, but at one of the fish stores i explained i only wanted anenmoes and not other corals ( i didnt do this at the others) she said, after telling me to get a glass top, that i could just get a marine glo, or better off a power glo light to fit into my current fixtures and the anemoes would be good as long as i kept my water quality good and my fish wont attack it. Are power Glo lights any good? and is it gonna be some funky color? cuase i know the marine glo light is that actinic blue color.

Brian Vartanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 03:43 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via MSN to dscount Send a message via Yahoo to dscount
Hmmm.. Sounds like we have something in common. See my thread on this specific topic. Here is the LINK:

But a more detailed answer here:

Both AquaReefer and Fluff pointed out that the WPG is pretty small. The LUMS I thought I was covered, but this seems to be the general feeling of most of the "Salty Dogs" that have been around awhile. I'm working on getting more lights myself now. LFS will tell you that should be enough, but I like my critters to be happy and not having to stress to keep alive.
75gal Salt, 18gal Sump, Skimmer, 60lb Live Rock, 90lb Live Sand, 3 Pwrhd, 2x55w Actinic, 2x55w 10k. Guest list: Goby Green Clown, Percula Clown and entire clean up crew.
dscount is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com