Power heads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Personally I would go with three 750s over 2 1050s

I agree with 750's but everyone has a different idea of ideal flow. Either way koralas are great. Very quiet

FYI I have a 29gal and only bought 1 550gph because I was scared of to much flow, if your going reef get the 3 750, other than that get 2 1050's they should provide plenty of flow!

mikestanked said:
FYI I have a 29gal and only bought 1 550gph because I was scared of to much flow, if your going reef get the 3 750, other than that get 2 1050's they should provide plenty of flow!

If its reef you want minimum of 30 x the water volume most reccommend 50 x volume so example if you have a 10g tank youd want minimum of 300gph up to 500gph

What would b the best power heads for a 55 gal and how many?

Koralia's are great and would do the job, but since you asked for the "best" IMO that would be a Vortech mp10 on each end of the tank. That's what I have in my 56g and the flow is incredible and totally adjustable. As far as cost that's a whole different story! Much more expensive.

Convict2161 said:
I'm running a Mp10 on my BC29 and glad I switch from the 2 Koralia's.

I'd say go for the Mp10's

God convict you keep talking up those vortecs and my wallets gonna hate you haha

Mrc8858 said:
God convict you keep talking up those vortecs and my wallets gonna hate you haha

Haha I'm telling you, I hated it at first and once I got the mode and % right and set my night mode up it's awesome!!

Do it lol!! Your tank and I will thank you!!

:)

I use controllable tunzes and a tunze nano wavebox and i love them. They are expensive bit well worth it

I think I'm going with two 1050's. The less equipment in the tank the better.

Fishfighter said:
I think I'm going with two 1050's. The less equipment in the tank the better.

1 Mp10 at 100% either reef crest mode or lagoon mode will knock your socks off!! Plus more room in the tank without those huge power heads in there AND... The dry side has the motor ;)

Did I mention the night mode? Ya know where you can set it at however you like for however long...

:)

Never mind I found them. Kinda expensive. It's going to b hard to convince the wife but it's one or the other either way. 2 1050's or 1 mp10

Fishfighter said:
Never mind I found them. Kinda expensive. It's going to b hard to convince the wife but it's one or the other either way. 2 1050's or 1 mp10

Kinda? Lol. The price is the only reason I'm not running one yet. Have trouble paying more for a pump then almost any other piece of equipment on my tank haha

I went with two 750 power heads when I first started and have always hated it. Ordered my first mp10 for my 55 and it will be here tomorrow :) probably going to wait another month before I buy the second one though because of the price

Back
Top Bottom