Power heads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spechty37

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello I have a 75g DT I have one power head 1300 gph is that enough I have another 1300 but when I had It hooked up it seemed like it was always blowing things over and my bigger corals aways looked like they were in a wind storm and they were all blowing or leaning in one direction any suggestions for two or if one enough. Thank you

This is why I'm a fan of having a more smaller powerheads rather than fewer larger ones...... It's just a matter of figuring out where & how to place it. Or, if your corals appeared to have been happy with what you had, then stick with it.

The corals seem fine but I am getting some kinda green algae on the sand bed and people recommended I should add more flow towards the sand bed and the only way for me to do that is add another one

The corals seem fine but I am getting some kinda green algae on the sand bed and people recommended I should add more flow towards the sand bed and the only way for me to do that is add another one

if you're getting green spots, then you're having some dead spots accumulation. i would also suggests some smaller powerheads. spec-wise, yes a large one will technically turn-over that much water, but not all water is recirculated, thus turning into dead spots.

Ok thank you I think I'm going to try a smaller one just above the sand

Two 1300gph power heads is not much flow in my experience. I would leave them be and just not aim them directly at any corals.

Back
Top Bottom