Power heads and coral feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishsticks

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is a power head needed for my 30 gal tank?I Just added some zoanthids and Green Star Polyps yesterday. Hopefully when I get home from work they will be out in the open. They were a little shy when I put them in my tank last night. Also I have heard of feeding the zoanthids? How and what do I need to do this. I want them to have vibrant colors and grow big and healthy. Is placement of these species key to there success? Thanks for the help!

Yes. You need water movement. You do not need to feed any soft corals. Ample lighting and trace elements which are in your salt mix are all they need.
What kind of lighting do you have at the moment?

mr_X said:
Yes. You need water movement. You do not need to feed any soft corals. Ample lighting and trace elements which are in your salt mix are all they need.
What kind of lighting do you have at the moment?

A 30 inch, Solar Xtreme T5 HO with 4 moonlight LED's. I love it. The programming is awesome and allows me to do nothing but change the bulbs when the time comes.

Cool. That's plenty. you wouldn't count the moonlights though. those are just for your enjoyment, and don't help corals in any way.

Back
Top Bottom