power out...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I must admit, I'm quite amused how this topic went from a power outage to ogling over a newborn, haha.

Congrats to you though! The whole aquatic experience for me has really had a sobering effect on me... Especially when migrating from my ten gallon to my twenty nine gallon last weekend. One of my glass cats was floating on its side...

Your baby is another example of how precious life is. Best of luck on your journey in parenthood!

If you read earlier in the thread, my power was out from storms and I wasn't home to run a generator to the tank because my wife went into labor. Lol, thanks for the well wishes, the power came back on after 31 hours total. Luckily no losses and everything is looking good. I will go check on my little ecosystem tomorrow afternoon and post an update if anything goes belly up. Definitely a memorable storm.

My apologies for missing the memo. I have to admit that I had stopped reading about the fourth page in. =P I hope everything is good tomorrow. Looking forward to the update!

Update:

Fish: I lost no one. I got the tank cleaned up, actually the lack of light killed off almost all the algae in the tank. I bought 5 zombie snails, one giant Mexican turbo, some more hermits and my lfs gave me some empty shells for some of my larger hermits to move into. My LFS hooked me up with a blue spotted toby puffer as a little congratulations I suppose. He is doing well, but I need to find something he'll eat.

Me: Everything is looking great and we should be released first thing this morning. We will be arriving to a place that now has power, lol. Thanks for the helpful advice for what to do while the power was out everyone.

A small inverter (under 50 bucks) could then use your car battery to power a few power heads and a air pump or two. That would be far better than nothing.

Back
Top Bottom