Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-31-2011, 09:04 PM   #61
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ugh, I'm glad that your power came back on carey, and your fish are ok. My wife called me around 9:15 this morning, and said the power just went out. I called my electric company, it said should be back on my 11:30am. I'm impatient about this kind of stuff so I called again around 10am, and it changed to noon.... Then I was talking to some people at work and found out it was a planned outtage, they just didn't let everyone affected know.... what a pain. Thankfully it came back on around 11:15am and when I got home I didn't notice anything different in the tanks
I really think I need to invest in a generator some time this year!

Old 03-31-2011, 09:23 PM   #62
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Glad it worked out for you. So far everyone seems to have come away from these storms ok. But its def a wake up call

Old 03-31-2011, 10:12 PM   #63
Aquarium Advice Addict

Update on Florida power outages, Tampa electric has 60,000 customers without power. There is no estimated time for power to be restored, I fear I may come home to a tank of dead fish. Luckily I have 75 gallons of total water capacity and only 3 small fish with my CUC. Maybe they will be ok due to the small bioload.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:23 PM   #64
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Aww good luck. Prayers are with you & your fish. And my fingers crossed as back up.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:57 PM   #65
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
i bought one of these for the tank i maintain. it won't help with heat, but it will with oxygen-
Air-Pod Battery Back-up Air Pump | Battery Operated Air Pumps | Air Pumps & Supplies | Aquarium - ThatPetPlace.com

btw, please don't run a gas powered engine inside. no matter how much livestock you may or may not lose.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:00 PM   #66
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah I'm sorry, I dont want to sound like a jerk but it's things like that, that kill people
Old 03-31-2011, 11:22 PM   #67
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yep Mr x thats the pump I was looking at for an immediate on hand solution. The generator would be great but it's either that or an ro/di unit and I have had it with trips to the lfs or publix. lol
Old 04-01-2011, 12:44 AM   #68

..let me say if you have other peoples lives on your hands , and you you are not responsable,and are stupid enough not mantain it...fine..if i had to choose between losing a expensive!!! tank or having a fire extinguisher and responsibilty...(that SOME PEOPLE are use too)..thats fine for me.. many people trust me with their lives.. people work with their lives in others' hands everyday..do your neibors smoke in the house?...to bad some cant handle responsability. and you shouldnt, if you dont have too..you may think its unresponsable, but you should have preventative measures to avoid mistakes like you are saying... if i could not have one outside.
(.worst case scenario).... and living in florida -with no hurricane..it should never have to go that far...not everyone can handle responsability.. so at your own discrection.....do not try this at home... (happy?) no...i know...do you have nuke plant clearence? ....s.t.a.r.s=stop,think.ask.respond,succeed.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:05 AM   #69
Aquarium Advice Regular

doogle man what are u saying
Old 04-01-2011, 01:07 AM   #70
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARM
doogle man what are u saying
Please keep it kid friendly. We know what those mean! ( of course being a teen I'll know anyway).

I also would be interested( if partly reluctant) to know where this is going.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com