power outage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you can get a battery operated air pump or even a computer backup supply. I had a tank that went three days with out power because of an ice storm and I didnt lose anything. I lost power in 1 room this morning and yep its the one with my reef tank. I managed to get 2 power heads going with an extension cord for circulation and run them acroos the surface for air. Hopefully the electrician will have me back up and running tonight. I think the breaker is bad cause it is not tripped

Mine was down for 4 hours the other night I had no way of getting anything running in them If you've been paying any attention I'm real close to where is the joplin tornadoes were at and now I'm kinda gun shy about it

My power went down in the whole neighborhood, 8 hr no power lost a buch of fish, 8:30 got a 1000w generator witch couldn't run my induction pumps!!!
9:30 got 3500 true sine wave generator, looks like other than the first wave of lost everyone else made it, strangely non of my anemone or coral show any significant damage.
Don't even bother to buy modified sine wave power-inverter, they can't run induction pump!!!

Attachments

• image-3333690146.jpg
    image-3333690146.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 125
A couple of months ago a car took out a telephone pole in front of my house,...after talking to the clean up crew they informed me that it would be 8-10 hours before power would be restored ,...I knew that was a long time to expect things to survive,...so I had to make the decision to drive up to home depot ASAP and purchase a generator with enough power to run the whole tank,...a truly wise move on my part,....you just never know when a accident of routine maintenance could destroy thousands of dollars you have invested,... I firmly believe that anyone who owns a large tank should be prepared just in case.... I am truly sorry for you losing some livestock,...maybe a lesson learned......on the bright side for me,..the insurance covered them cost of my new generator.

Someone front of the BAR tried a "Police kind handbrake turnaround" did not worked, he toke out the power box in the edge of the parking lot, that was at 00:10 midnight, called the power company they told me the power will be restored by 2am, so I went to bed. At 6:40 I got no power, call them again than they told me the power box beyond repair and they have to replace it.
I had a 750W power inverted as backup what I not tested before, unfortunately other than the light's non of the pump would start with the modified sine wave inverter. Sunday nothing open at 7am, the two store what was open at 8am had limited selection, the good from all of this I got a 3500W true sine wave generator for $199+TAX since was a demo model and no one know the price, the store manager set it to the 50% of the last sale price :)
Its a Homelite with Subaru engine, even used on ebay ~$300-350

ps: I was on vacation from 15-20, got home at 7pm, kinda surprised how well everything worked, auto-top up, auto-feeder, auto light-controller.

Back
Top Bottom