Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-01-2012, 04:40 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well 36 hrs down. Everything still kicking. Halide is on right now. Temp holding stable. Gonna leave it on for maybe 4-6 hours and then off. Tank maxed out today at 80.2. No ice needed yet but sunday its supposed to be 100 so im sure ill need ice for me and the tanks.

Having a problem with the skimmer. It wont start up properly. I think the airline may be clogged. Ill have to fix in the morning so its offline till then. My house is so bright right now with the halide on, im probably attracting every thief in the area lol. Still no sleep, i might work on getting some this morning for a few.

These fish better love me after all i do for them i swear. My 2 year old daughter has less needs haha.

Old 07-01-2012, 05:44 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

Following along, hope all turns out well! That storm was all over the news yesterday. Good luck schism!

Old 07-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just for the future go to a tackle shop and get u a bettery powered air pump for bait buckets get inexpensive about 15 bucks hear in Florida and comes with a five gallon bucket ..has saved me many times during hurricane season my tanks have made it 8 days with no power befor ....
Old 07-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskerrichard27
Just for the future go to a tackle shop and get u a bettery powered air pump for bait buckets get inexpensive about 15 bucks hear in Florida and comes with a five gallon bucket ..has saved me many times during hurricane season my tanks have made it 8 days with no power befor ....
Thanks ill have to find myself one or two of those, however dont think my corals would make it 8 days without light so probably would still need the generator.

Had my halide on for 4 hours last night/ this morning. Everything still lookin perfect
Old 07-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

I used my.generator mainly for lights and when I turned off the generator I had my air pump to keep oxygen flowing ...just helps by time ....hope this helped
Old 07-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
I used my.generator mainly for lights and when I turned off the generator I had my air pump to keep oxygen flowing ...just helps by time ....hope this helped
Yeah that sounds like it would work pretty well. If i thought it has any chance of getting here by saturday i would order one, but no trucks are moving.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

Found them at Walmart in fish tackle section also
Old 07-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Found them at Walmart in fish tackle section also
Oh really? Im gonna have to go check the closest walmart out.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

48 hrs

First death. Basement tank, peppermint shrimp and some snails, stirred water real good, got a super long *** extension cord to run down there today. No sign of the gramma.

Hopefully i can save what is left, need to make up some water asap.

My 29g mixed reef is stilling doing great. No bleaching or color loss and livestock is good. Skimmer is back online. Got an updated estimate for power return of Saturday July 7th Midnight wow
Old 07-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
48 hrs

First death. Basement tank, peppermint shrimp and some snails, stirred water real good, got a super long *** extension cord to run down there today. No sign of the gramma.

Hopefully i can save what is left, need to make up some water asap.

My 29g mixed reef is stilling doing great. No bleaching or color loss and livestock is good. Skimmer is back online. Got an updated estimate for power return of Saturday July 7th Midnight wow
I just wanted to say hang in there and sorry about your losses :/
They was telling us July 6th and it came on at 930am today

Tags
power outage

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com