power outage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seafan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My power is out, I have two airpumps running on batterry, and cold water bottles to keep it cool. How long will this last, what else should I do?
P.S I wrote this on my PDA cellphone.

if its going to be long i would look at getting a power inverter that works off of a car battery and hook up a power head or 2. If its going to be a short time i think you have it covered...
Good luck..

This just reinforces my idea about getting an APC battery backup. I hope your power comes on soon. I know how stressful that is for you.

Mike

I have a Upc (uninteruptable power source) but it only lasts about an hour, as for the inverter I have one but I'll only use it as a last resort. Thank you.

We were without power for 7 hours. We ran our airstone for 15m once an hour. Everything survived. Good luck!

I use a power inverter for my power outages. I have a specific power strip that only has a couple essentials plugged into it... If the power goes out i just unplug that one strip and plug it into the power inverter. No problems as of yet.

X

Power is back on, everything is O.K (except for a couple of naccirus snails, crabs ate them), I had a clown who was trapped in an anemone, and was gasping when it came out but it looks fine now. I'll make sure to keep frozen water-bottles in the future. I'll also get a car battery and inverter for next time.

Ever think about a generator? I have one that I got from Pep Boys for around $300. It is rated at 3500 watts and has a decent gas tank on it. Should run my tanks and maybe a fridge for around 6-8 hours on a tank of gas.

There are bigger units available of course but power outages are not a huge concern here. It was a cheap just in case scenario though.

Generator is what I have is it is great.. But a lot of people can't have them because of where they live.
Get a boat battery a deep cycle one is best.

Back
Top Bottom