Power outages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afcc.77

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,
I was wondering if I have an aquarium with fish and/or reef, how long will it take if the power goes out until my fish/reef get sick or die?

(not answering your question directly) However to safeguard your system for short outages, I'd suggest putting your equipment on a standard battery backup system. The wattage draw is less then a standard computer, and you can maintain, flow, filtration, and lighting for much longer during an outage. Less risky to your fishies!

(not answering your question directly) However to safeguard your system for short outages, I'd suggest putting your equipment on a standard battery backup system. The wattage draw is less then a standard computer, and you can maintain, flow, filtration, and lighting for much longer during an outage. Less risky to your fishies!

I agree. I did this, however my lights are not on the battery. (As far as I know things shouldnt die from not having 'direct' lighting)

just run a powerhead nothing else,I doubt a heater,lights and filtration will last long on battery power.

Back
Top Bottom