Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-29-2005, 11:42 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
Power Restored! *UPDATE*

About 10:00 p.m I got my power back on. This was 6 full days without it. Preliminary tank checks are showing a loss of about 4 heads of my frogspawn and my rose anemone is gone. All the fish seem to be ok, just a little freaked out over lights being back on. I was majorly concerned about my clam, but it opened right up and responded to the lights, so I am hoping it is going to be fine. I think I will just leave lights on for 4 hours tonight, then 6 tomorrow and increase through the weekend. Hopefully nothing else dies in this process.

Thanks for all the support you guys have given me over the last few days, I would have gone bonkers without it for sure.

Hara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 11:53 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

I'm glad you have power again! Six days without it is rough, for the fish and you too. Sorry about the corals and the anemone. I hope the other corals and fish are recovering ok. The gradual introduction back to the light sounds good to me. How are the eels doing? Good luck!

An t-iasg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 11:58 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Send a message via MSN to Zagz
Glad to hear you have power. Sorry about the losses, but at least your others have survived! I'm really glad everything is working out for you.
AA Community Rules | AA TOS

Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 01:09 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to DragonForce
Awsome, glad to hear everything worked out decently. I would have expected much more loss than that.
37 gal all glass
50lb LR
3' fine sand bed 1x Orange Stripe Prawn shrimp goby, 1x sixline wrassemated pair of true percula clowns, 1x CBS shrimp, 2x peppermint shrimp, 1x pistol shrimp, 1x tiger tale cuke, ~20+ snails, ~10+ hermits, 1xserpent star.
green Bubble coral, hammer coral (8 heads!) ,various Zoos,green finger leather, green star polpys ,shrooms
175w 10k MH
28w actinic 03
2x maxi jett 1200
Prizm skimmer (modded)
Hagen powerfilter(for running carbon 24/7)
nano arctica chiller
DragonForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 03:24 AM   #5
God of primitive fishes
Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
Great to hear that you have juice again. I have to echo the sentiment that it is amazing that you have had as few losses as you have.
G. A. Christian Bilou, Herpetologist
Founder/Director, Reptile Rescue Alberta
Past-President, Calgary Aquarium Society
Toirtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 04:07 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to greenmaji
Glad to hear low losses and its back on Hara.. Hopeing the best for the next few for you.
greenmaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 06:10 AM   #7
AA Team Emeritus
Yippee...great to hear that you have POWER! Sorry to hear that you suffered some losses but to look on the bright side, you know that it could have been much worse.

PS - Don't forget the party that was proposed.
Jchillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 06:20 AM   #8
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Woo hoo. Congratulations Hara. I'm glad to hear that most of your headache from the storm is now over. And again, really amazing you made it with such few losses.

Best of luck with the rest of the tank.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 07:41 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
Yay! That's great news Hara. Sorry some the frogspawn perished but there is still hope for the anemone. Hopefully it will yet come out of the rocks and be fine. Awesome news on the clam. Good luck with the rest of your tank. Glad your losses were minimal and things can get back to normal for you.
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 07:51 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
Great news! Sounds like you kept the damage to a minimum. Give the frogspawn some time and the anemone may sho up again.

Some people are like slinkies...they serve no real purpose yet can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!:p
Have a great day! Brian
lando is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com