powerhead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian Vartanian

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, ive had my 55gal tank set up for well over a month now, ive got a few fish, 3 clown, yellow tank, foxface rabbit, which are all doing wonderful. my water is all good salinty and stuff, but im used to my freshwater tank needing airstones for proper aeration, should i use a powerhead to achieve better airation or are my filters good enough? ive got a whisper biobag, and a aquaclear.

In saltwater its nearly impossible to have to much water flow. The tang will benifit from additional waterflow as they are strong swimmers and will enjoy a stronger current. If the only thing you have are the gwo hang on filters I would suggest a pair of maxijet 1200's or a pair of hagen power heads. Shoot for something that does 250-350GPH each. Position them in the back corners blowing toward the front middle. You want a good ripples all over the top of the water surface.

Your tank will get extra airation from the aggitated water surface that Mr fishfreek was talking about.

IMO look into 2 seio 820's or other power heads.

Position them at opposing back corners and point them to the center of the front glass

Back
Top Bottom