Powerhead messes up substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luntiz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Come home from class today and found my powerhead has partially fallen off. The two top suctions came undone and the powerhead was blasting into the substrate (well the area where the substrate use to be). My substrate was blasted into the the other corner of the tank. Is my tank messed up now? Are all of the bacteria that was in the substrate missing now? Will ammonia build up?

I'm a little paranoid right now because my fishes are fairly new and my Maroon is a bit stressed out because I had to get rid of his anemone.

If you keep having problems, look for some powerheads that hang instead of suction cups. Maxi jet, Aquaclear...I know both of these can either be hung from the tank or attahched with suction cups.

I'll second jackdp's comment. Try and find some with a HOT clip for them... I always seemed to have the same trouble with the suction cups

This is the second time it has happened since I started my tank (3 weeks ago). :cry: How big are these HOT clips? I don't have much room in the rear to hang anything large.

they're small... no bigger than the width of the PH itself. They usualy just clip right into the PH and just hang over the edge to hold up the PH.

Back
Top Bottom