Powerhead Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gozetec02

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought a power head made by zoomed called POWERSWEEP. The head moves back and forth and creates a great wave action. I am hoping with the added circulation I would be able to keep some corals or some anemones. My question is that the powerhead came with a air intake attachment. I have the powerhead on full power about 200GPH. Should i put the air intake on?

Just make sure to clean the powerhead monthly or the rotating device tends to stop. A short soak in vinegar every month will help it stay free.

I am using the same PH. I think the fishies like the sweeping current. My Chromis plays in it and chases the current.

I have it in the corner the same corner where the overflow goes into the tank from the HOB filter. Will the circulation help any corals I might want to buy in the future?

Just make sure to clean the powerhead monthly or the rotating device tends to stop. A short soak in vinegar every month will help it stay free

It's real easy to take apart and clean the gears, take about 5 min. I have one also.

Back
Top Bottom