Powerhead to strong?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryan5

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 50 gallon tank that is around 4 feet wide I believe, (not at home at the moment will post actual measurement when I get home), and I have a 1300 powerhead in it. My two clownfish seem act sometimes like they are having a tough time swimming at opposite side my powerhead is on. Maybe its just me but I thought I would check.

Is that the only circulation pump in the tank and what is your total gph including return

My protein skimmer is on the opposite side of the powerhead so it has water going in the opposite side so that it circulates better. I'm not sure what my gph is

Well 2000gph is around what you wanna shoot for in your tank but don't forget moving the powerhead can play a big part in how your water flows so play around with it until you get what you want

Do you have a return pump or just a skimmer and power head...also what is the gph on the skimmers pump cause whatever that is should be added to your total

I just have a skimmer right now and the powerhead. And the skimmer is 200 gph. And I was right it I measured and it is exactly 4 ft wide.

Try a 750 on the opposite end of the 1300 and that should be good

Back
Top Bottom